MAC Physick Estate Tours
Weekly on Wednesdays from Jun 6-Aug 29, 2018 | All Day Event - Departs at 8:45am
Take a curated, historic tour though Cape May -- visit the Physick Estate, Carroll Gallery Exhibit, and enjoy a catered box lunch on Washington Street Mall -- before returning to the ferry. Operated by Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts.
Board our trolley at the Cape May Ferry Terminal. As you travel into Cape May, our knowledgeable guide presents architectural, historical, and entertaining information about the nation's oldest seashore resort. Afterwards, enjoy a tour of the 1879 Emlen Physick Estate House Museum, Cape May's only Victorian house museum, with 15 rooms authentically restored to their original grandeur and changing seasonal exhibits. After your tour, visit the Carroll Gallery Exhibit, "Capturing Cape May's Architecture: The Making of a National Historic Landmark." Then, pick up your box lunch prepared by the Carriage House Cafe and Tearoom, board our trolley and arrive in downtown Cape May to spend some time walking the beautiful Victorian streets,s hopping on the Washington Street Mall, walking along the promenade with it's view of the beach and choosing your favorite spot for a catered box lunch. Take our trolley back to the Cape May Ferry Terminal, as your tour concludes with your round-trip crossing.
Every Wednesday, MAC tour attendees depart at 8:45am from Lewes (headed to Cape May) and return on a 2:30 boat leaving from Cape May (headed to Lewes)
$48 - Adults (14+ years)
$34 - Children (3-13 years)
Free - Infants (0-2 yrs old, no lunch)
The MAC trolley will pick you up right outside the Cape May Ferry Terminal. It departs within 10 minutes of the ferry arriving at the terminal, so don't dilly dally!
Your MAC Tour Package includes round trip ferry fare to and from Cape May
- 8:45 am - Lewes Ferry Departure
- 10:15am - Trolley departs terminal for tour of historic Cape May
- 11:00 am - Guided tour of Physick Estate and visit to the Carroll Gallery Exhibit
- 12:00 pm - Box lunch from the wonderful, Carriage House Cafe
- 12:30pm - Trolley to the Washington Street Walking Mall (free time to shop and enjoy)
- 2:00pm - Trolley returns to the terminal for the 2:30 Ferry departure
- 2:30pm - Cape May Ferry Departure
- 4:00 pm - Lewes Arrival
Call Customer Service to book - 1.800.643.3779
- Space is limited. Reserve early to secure your spot!
- Tours are handicap accessible Please advise if special assistance is required upon booking
- All reservations are non-refundable.