Sunday Zoo Trips
Sunday, June 23, 2019-Sunday, September 1, 2019 | 9:15AM - 6:30PM
Summer Sunday Cape May County Zoo Trips
It's true... it's all happening at the Cape May County Zoo... and here's how you can see it with more than 250 animal species waiting for you in a spacious garden setting at the nationally recognized Cape May County Park & Zoo
Excursion starts in Lewes and includes a round-trip, walk-on ferry ticket to Cape May, and shuttle service from the Cape May terminal to the Zoo and back in time to catch the 5:00 boat back to Lewes. Seating on the shuttle is limited so reservations are required.
Dates: Sundays, June 23 - September 1, 2019
- Adults $30
- Children (6-13 yrs) $19
- Younger Children (under 6) $7
Reservations: Strongly recommended. Call 800.643.3779 to book.
Itinerary: Depart Lewes at 9:15am | Arrive in Cape May at 10:30 | Hop on Zoo Shuttle at 11:00 | Arrive at Zoo at 11:30 | Enjoy the Zoo | Shuttle leaves for Ferry no later than 4:00PM | Arrive back at Cape May terminal at 4:30 | Take 5:00 Ferry back to Lewes | Arrive back in Lewes at 6:30PM
Extended Itinerary: When arriving back at the Cape May terminal from the zoo, stay awhile, enjoy dinner at On The Rocks Dockside Grill and take the later 7PM Ferry back to Lewes to arrive back in Delaware at 8:30PM
Extended Season: Want to travel to the zoo on alternate days or after the summer season is over? No problem! The zoo is open year round. Just book a roundtrip passage for your vehicle, drive yourself to the nearby zoo and replicate our itinerary.
For a Best Experience:
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Wear sunscreen or have sun protection gear
- Food is not permitted in the zoo, but picnic tables are available at the entrance.
- Food is available for purchase at the zoo.
- A playground is also available at the zoo.
- Shuttles are provided by an outside service and are usually, but not always handicap accessible. If you need handicap shuttle service/assistance, please note it at the time of booking.