Water Taxi Lighthouse Tour - Weekends
Weekly on Saturdays from Now-Sep 23, 2017 | 8:30am
Saturday Lighthouse Tour on the Cape Water Taxi
New for 2017!
Reservations: Required. Seating is limited to only 30 passengers per voyage.
Tour Summary: Excursion starts with a ferry ride as a foot passenger from Cape May to Lewes, where your special water taxi awaits on the Finger Pier next to where the ferry docks. Once on board, you'll receive a 90 minute narrated tour that cruises north into the Delaware Bay to the East End Lighthouse, aka Breakwater Lighthouse, one of the most historic lighthouses on the Eastern Shore. Passengers will learn the rich maritime history of this impressive structure and will be able to walk around, explore the 1885 era lighthouse and photograph it up close.
Itinerary: Depart Cape May at 8:30am | Arrive in Lewes at 9:45 | Disembark, enjoy a snack, or pick up a grab 'n go at the Terminal | Embark on the Water Taxi from the Finger Pier at 10:30am | Tour the harbor and lighthouse | Return to Lewes Terminal at noon | Enjoy the view and facilities | Depart on the Ferry back to Cape May before 1pm | Depending on boat departure, arrrive home in Cape May as early as 1:30.
Price: Seniors $31 (age 62 or older) | Adults $32 (12-61) | Children $24 (age 6-11 years) | Younger Children $15 (under age 5)
Extended Itinerary: Make your stay longer and more enjoyable. When arriving back at the Lewes terminal, stay awhile, enjoy lunch, drinks, or snacks at On The Rocks Dockside Grill and take a later ferry back to Cape May. Ferries depart back to Cape May throughout the afternoon and into the early evening. Your return foot passenger ticket is good on any later boat that same day.
Similar Tours of Potential Interest:
Weekday Lighthouse Tours. Check out this link to Wednesday Water Taxi Tours.
Bay Tours. Check out our new Bay Tours with no walking on lighthouse shoals.
Please Note: The Cape Water Taxi is indepedently owned and operated from the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. This tour is a combined partnership between the two organizations for the touring pleasure of mutual passengers. As such, the following restrictions are in effect and may vary from those normally experienced when traveling with the Cape May-Lewes Ferrry.
- Adults for this tour are anyone age 12 or older.
- Infants do not travel free.
- The Cape Water Taxi is not handicap accessible.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of departure from Cape May are not refundable.
- No additional coupons or discounts can be applied.
- No food or beverage purchased at On The Rocks is included in the price.
- Food is also avaialbe for sale on the boats.
- The earliest Saturday departuresback from Lewes are at 12:45 in July and August, and at 12:15 in September, bringing you back to Cape May at either 2:15 or 1:45pm
For A Best Experience:
- Wear comfortable, flat shoes. Boats rock and the Water Taxi is a smaller boat. Flats allow you to walk around both boats with more ease and balance.
- Wear sunscreen, or have sun protection gear.
- Food is permitted on the Water Taxi, but picnic tables are available at the Terminal.
- On The Rocks Dockside Grill is open for lunch, appetizers, drinks and dinner.
- A playground is available at the Terminal.