February 23, 2021
The Latest on COVID-19 and Cape May-Lewes Ferry Travel
Updated: Tuesday, February 23
We're now operating on our winter departure schedule, and we're sailing every day. There are four (4) departures per day from each terminal, with additional departures available beginning in mid-March. For the most up-to-date information and to book travel, visit our Schedules & Fares page.
** Foot passenger and bicycle travel has resumed.**
Important Information for Foot Passengers
- Foot Passenger and Bicycle Travel have resumed and are available to be booked on all departures
- The Cape May Terminal is open
- The exterior decks of the vessel are accessible, as are the restrooms on board the vessel
- Food and beverage is available aboard the vessel in the Galley area, and delivery to your vehicle is available on some departures
- Interior seating is available for foot passengers and bicycle passengers; vehicle passengers may access remaining indoor seating on a first-come, first-served basis
- When exiting your vehicle, masks are required
- Social distancing measures are in place, and we ask that you pay attention to the directional signage on board to help control the flow of traffic
- In Lewes, Grain On the Rocks and the Lewes Coffee Company are open
For information on the NJ travel advisory, please visit this page:
NJ Travel Advisory Information
The following safety precautions remain in place:
- Reservations are required for Ferry travel, and no cash will be accepted at the toll booths until further notice
- Masks are required anytime passengers step out of their vehicle
- Cash IS accepted at food & beverage locations
- Foot passenger and bicycle travel has resumed
- The exterior decks are accessible. Masks are required, as is maintaining 6' of social distance from anyone not in your traveling party.
- Directional signage is in place on the vessels to help control the flow of traffic. For the health and safety of all aboard, please pay attention to the signage and follow directions.
What Can I Do To Help Keep My Fellow Passengers (and Ferry Crewmembers) Safe?Passengers are part of our team! While we're working hard to do all we can to provide the safest environment possible, you play a big role as a passenger. We ask that you wash your hands, wear a mask anytime you are outside of your vehicle or consuming food/beverages, and follow all social distancing procedures that are in place. Check out the video for more info!
Thank you for your cooperation.
Have questions?With so much changing in such a short time, we've compiled answers to our most frequently asked questions. Click the button below to learn more.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we continue to work through this. And once again, please remember that this is a very fluid situation and that things may change quickly. We'll continue to update our procedures, policies and suggestions as the situation unfolds, always keeping the safety of our passengers and employees at the forefront.
Have additional questions or concerns? Do not hesitate to call us at 800-643-3779, or write to [email protected]. Also, check our social media and home page of our web site for any updates or travel advisories.