Shuttle Information & Directions
Cape May*** Please note: Shuttle service to Cape May has ended for the 2021 season and is no longer available. It will resume for the 2022 summer season on/before Memorial Day Weekend (exact dates and details TBD).***
- When service is running (typically Memorial Day - early-October), shuttle service is $5 per passenger, and advance reservations are required. To make a shuttle reservation, please call 800.643.3779.
- Masks are required (shuttles are considered public transportation).
- The shuttle travels a single route between the Cape May terminal and the Cape May Welcome Center at 609 Lafayette Street; there are no other stops.
- When service is running (typically Memorial Day - early-October), shuttles meet incoming departures at the Cape May terminal from 10am - 4:30pm to bring passengers into Cape May.
- Passengers looking to return to the Cape May terminal in time for the 6pm return departure to Lewes will want to make sure to check with the shuttle driver to confirm when the last shuttle leaves the Cape May Welcome Center. Generally this is around 5pm, but we suggest checking with your shuttle driver to confirm exact time.
- There is no Ferry-provided shuttle service in Lewes, however the DART Route 204 bus picks up and drops off in front of the Lewes terminal on the 1/2 hour.
Ground Transportation Options
Looking to utilize Uber, Lyft or taxi service when you arrive at the terminal? Please use the following addresses when arranging service:
- Cape May Terminal - 1200 Lincoln Blvd, North Cape May, NJ 08204
- Lewes Terminal - 43 Cape Henlopen Drive, Lewes, DE 19958
Passengers are encouraged to arrange those services prior to arrival at the terminal. Please note that availability may vary depending on season.
Rental Cars are available via Avis/Budget Rental Car, from both the Lewes (year-round) and Cape May (seasonal) terminals.
Rental Car Information
Public Transportation Options
- On the Cape May side, public transportation options are generally not within walking distance and require a taxi or shuttle to get to transit centers in the local towns
- On the Lewes side, there is a DART bus stop in front of the terminal
- For complete list of pick-up/drop-off times, please be sure to check the DART route schedule
To check state transit options see the links below.
The 17-mile, 85-minute cruise between New Jersey and Delaware can cut miles off a trip along the Atlantic Coast and connects travelers to beautiful beach towns. Below, you will find information on how to get to our terminals and ground transportation options to local towns if you travel across as a foot passenger.
Getting To Cape May
Cape May Ferry Terminal (Map)
1200 Lincoln Blvd
North Cape May, NJ 08204
GPS: 38.968719, -74.959717
Getting to Lewes
Lewes Ferry Terminal (Map)
43 Cape Henlopen Drive
Lewes, DE 19958
GPS: 38.782424, -75.119877