Foot Passenger Travel Information
Important Information for Foot Passengers
Good news! Foot passengers and bicyclists are welcome aboard!
Do I Need a Reservation?
Yes! Folks who've traveled with us as foot passengers before may be accustomed to simply walking up to the ticket counter and purchasing a ticket prior to the departure of their choice, however, please note that reservations are currently required for all passengers.Book Ferry Travel
When Should I Arrive? When Does the Boarding Process Begin?
Our normal foot passenger boarding process has resumed.
- All foot passengers are required to check-in with the ticket counter prior to boarding
- Please listen for the boarding announcements and make your way to the Foot Passenger boarding area on the second floor of the terminal. We ask that you arrive in the screening area no later than 30 minutes before departure.
- The screening process has been modified to allow for appropriate social distancing. For your safety as well as that of our employees, please follow the signage in place.
- Passengers may carry with them a maximum of 2 "carry on" bags of luggage. Large volumes of luggage will not be permitted.
Do I Need To Wear A Mask?
No, masks are no longer required aboard the Ferry or in the terminals.
- In Cape May, shuttle service is available seasonally May through September. For more information, visit our Shuttle Information page.
- Taxi service, Uber and Lyft are available, but we cannot recommend specific companies or drivers. If you would like to utilize these services, we recommend arranging them in advance of arriving at the terminal.
- If you would like to arrange to rent an electric bicycle from Pedego Electric Bicycles, please email them or call them at 609.305.4566 to find out if they can provide a rental for you at the terminal.
- In Lewes, the DART (Delaware Area Rapid Transit) bus picks up and drops off in front of the terminal. For schedules, please visit the DART website and look up route 204.
- Avis/Budget Rental Cars are available from both terminals (year-round in Lewes, seasonally in Cape May). Please visit this page for more information.