What to Know for Your Wedding at the Cape May-Lewes Ferry
1. Can I get married on the boat?
In theory yes, but in reality we don’t recommend it. If the boat is available to be chartered it can be done. If your heart is set on a Ferry wedding, we will try to make it happen for you, but there needs to be an alternate plan in place.
2. Can I have the ceremony on the grounds if I don’t book my reception with you?
Yes, you can. Our standard venue fee would apply as well as a $150 set up fee. Our venue fees vary based on season, day of the week, and demand.
3. Can we have a tent for a wedding and/or reception on The Green?
Yes, as a matter of fact we would recommend it. We do have vendors that we recommend, so please call us to make arrangements.
4. Who does your catering?
In most instances, our talented culinary team handles all of the catering for your event. Allowances are made for special requests, such as Kosher meals, but all outside caterers need to meet Health Department standards and Delaware River Bay Authority’s insurance requirements.
5. It’s a very small event, can we still book an event at the Ferry?
Yes, all size parties are welcome. In some cases there may be a small additional charge for groups with less than 25 guests.
6. Are you handicap accessible?
Yes, we are. We do request that all such concerns be addressed in advance with your sales manager, so that we can be totally prepared to serve you well.
7. How far in advance should I book my wedding event?
We would recommend that we start planning at least six months in advance. When your requested date is still available, there are instances when we can assist you with arrangements with much less notice, depending on the type and size of your event. It’s always worth checking with us!
8. How long will I have use of the event space I reserve?
For wedding ceremonies and receptions, we will book the space for you so that you, or your decorators, can turn the space into the wedding you always imagined.
9. Are tables, linens, chairs, dinner set ups, provided?
Yes we provide everything you need to host a dinner. You are also free to arrange alternate setups if you prefer specialty items. We don’t provide floral centerpieces or specialty décor. This can all be arranged through outside vendors.
10. What is the tax and service charge?
In NJ the sales tax is 7% and we add an 20% gratuity to all banquet events.
11. Can we do a food tasting prior to finalizing our menu selection?
Yes, once a signed contract and deposit has been received, we can arrange a menu tasting for you.
12. Is there ample parking on site?
Yes, and it is complimentary.
13. How many restrooms are there?
There are restrooms on both levels of the terminal building. If you are hosting an event on The Green, your guests would have access to those. Depending on the size of your event, you might want to provide alternate rest room facilities.
14. Can I hire my own outside vendors?
We will offer you a preferred vendor list. These are vendors that we know and can recommend. If you already have your vendors picked out, we will be happy to work with them.
15. Do you offer wedding planning services or on-site coordination?
Your sales manager and event supervisor will be by your side on your wedding day. We will be happy to work with you and your event planner to create an event that will be everything you hope.
16. Can I bring in my own alcoholic beverages?
No, we are fully responsible for the sale and service of alcoholic beverages as regulated by the State Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissions in Delaware and New Jersey. Bartenders are required at all functions when alcohol is being served.